Art has been involved with strength sports for over 25 years. During that time, he has participated in over 23 National and World Championships in three different sports, as well as 2 Olympic Track & Field Trials.
- Founder of the Boomer Blueprint System
- Member - World Fitness Elite
- 2012 Master’s National Indoor Shot Put Champion (50-55)
- 2012 Master’s National Discus Champion (50-55)
- Adjunct Professor – University of Massachusetts, Lowell. Department of Health and Environment. Presently teaching “Exercise Prescription and Program Design”
- Certified Nutritionist through the International Society of Sports Nutrition - CISSN
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist. Originally certified in the first exam in 1985
- USA Weightlifting certification
- 4 Time NCAA All-American in Track & Field and a member of several US International Teams
- New England All-Time record holder for both the shot put and discus
- Speaker at the 2005 NSCA National Convention
- Author, speaker and for 10 years owner of private strength & conditioning centers
Art has authored multiple articles on various strength-related topics. Art recently co-authored the first science-based research on modified strongman training methods with low back expert Professor Stu McGill, Waterloo University, Canada published in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. He has also co-authored book “Applied Strongman Training for Sport” with world-renowned strength coach Charles Poliquin.